Avocado, Corn and Tomato Omelette
A delicious breakfast omelette, with an avocado twist.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from Australian Avocados www.avocado.org.au/recipes
125g can corn, drained
½ avocado, peeled, seeded, finely chopped
1 ripe tomato, seeded, finely chopped
Pepper and dried herbs to taste
4 eggs, lightly whisked
1 tbsp cold water
Multigrain toast, to serve
- Combine the corn, avocado and tomato in a small bowl. Season with pepper or dried herbs. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and water together in a small jug. Season with pepper.
- Spray a small frying pan with a little olive oil spray and place over medium-high heat. Add half the egg mixture and cook, tilting the pan until mixture covers the base. As omelette sets, lift edge so uncooked egg runs underneath. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon half the avocado mixture over the omelette. Fold edge over to enclose filling. Turn onto a serving plate. Repeat with remaining egg mixture and avocado mixture.
- Serve immediately with a slice of multigrain toast.
Add a salad to the side to make it into a great evening meal.
Nutritional Information (per serve)
|Total Fat (g)||21.9|
|Saturated Fat (g)||5.0|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||7.6|
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on avocados.org.au do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian for individualised advice.