Beef Kebabs with Smoky BBQ Sauce
Perfect for the BBQ, these kebabs are a fast, healthy meal to serve to friends and family! Serve with a side of salad.
- 6 bamboo skewers or metal skewers
- 400g beef fillet steak
- 2 red onions, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and cut into large squares
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- 6 lemon cheeks
- 12 fresh bay leaves
- Green salad, small pita bread to serve
Smoky BBQ Sauce marinade
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp EQUAL SPOONFUL or 3 Equal Sachets
- Soak 6 bamboo skewers overnight if using.
- Trim excess fat from beef and cut into large cubes. Combine marinade ingredients in large bowl. Add beef and stir until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Drain and reserve marinade.
- Thread beef, vegetables, lemon wedges and bay leaves alternatively onto skewers. Brush with marinade.
- Preheat BBQ grill or chargrill pan to high. Cook, turning occasionally until meat is cooked to your liking. Cook lemon cheeks on grill until lightly charred. Lightly toast pita bread.
- Serve skewers with charred lemon, green salad and a small pita bread.
Nutritional information per serve
|Total Fat (g)||7.9|
|Saturated Fat (g)||1.9|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||5.6|
Recipe courtesy of Equal
Disclaimer: The recipe on this brochure meet the nutrition criteria set by Diabetes NSW. The opinions expressed by each company do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW. Please consider your individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust as needed.