Cinnamon infused fruit and nut natural muesli – a quick, flavour-filled hearty breakfast that will keep you going until lunch.
© Recipe and image kindly provided by Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company.
- 2 1/2 C rolled oats
- 1 C processed bran
- 1/2 C chopped dates
- 1/2 C chopped pecan nuts
- 1/2 C chopped dried apple
- 1/2 C currants
- 1/2 C LSA*
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Stir to combine
- Transfer muesli to an airtight container for storage. Lightly shake container before serving the muesli
- Serve with chilled soy or dairy milk
* LSA is a combination of ground linseeds, sunflower seed and almonds, available in the health food section of the supermarket. It’s perfect sprinkled on cereal or yoghurt, and can be used in muffin and cake recipes. Store leftover LSA in a sealed container in the freezer.
Oats are a brilliant high fibre grain with a relatively low glycemic index (GI). Of the fibre grains, oats contain beta-glucan that is particularly powerful. Beta-glucan is extremely good at lowering cholesterol levels, which is important for heart and vessel health.
Nutritional Information (per serve)
|Energy (kJ)||1500 (360 Cal)|
|Total Fat (g)||15|
|Saturated Fat (g)||1|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||10|
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on www.sanitarium.com.au do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian for individualised advice.