This is a great breakfast idea or meal idea with a salad.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from 4 Ingredients Diabetes
- 2 cobs Corn
- 2 finely chopped spring onions
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 C polenta
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add the corn. Gently boil for 8 minutes. Meanwhile in another pot, bring 3 cups of water to the boil, reduce heat and steadily pour in polenta, stirring constantly. Continue to stir until the polenta is thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. After 8 minutes, remove the corn from water and cool.
- Slice the corn kernels from the cobs and place in a bowl. With a hand held blender ‘smash’ to a creamed corn consistency. When polenta is cooked, remove from heat and cool. Add the smashed corn, spring onions and eggs, season with cracked pepper and mix well.
- In a nonstick frying pan, place four large egg rings. Dollop enough mixture to level with the top of each ring. Over a moderate heat, cook for 4 minutes, then using an egg flip, turn and cook for another 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Using a long, slender knife run it around the inside egg ring to loosen the cakes. Serve with your family’s favorite salad.
Add a salad to the side and make it a great meal.
Nutritional Information (per serve)
|Total Fat (g)||5.3|
|Saturated Fat (g)||1|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||7|
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on 4ingredients.com.au do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian for individualised advice.