Figs with Cinnamon, Almonds and Walnuts (GF)
With the weather warming up it is a perfect time to enjoy fresh figs!
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 12 small fresh figs
- ¼ cup blanched almonds
- ¼ cup roughly chopped walnuts
- Place the orange juice, cinnamon and star anise in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low and add the figs.
- Poach the figs for 10 minutes then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Continue to simmer the orange poaching liquid until reduced slightly.
- To serve, spoon the figs into serving bowls and scatter with almonds and walnuts
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Total Fat (g)||11|
|Saturated Fat (g)||1|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||5|
One serve contains 15 grams of nuts. Nuts are a great source of healthy fats and can benefit heart health.
This recipe and image has been reproduced with permission from Nuts for Life wwww.nutsforlife.com.au
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on http://nutsforlife.com.au/ do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian for individualised advice.