Grilled Fish with Salsa
Start Easter with this delicious fare; fresh and tasty with plenty of crunch!
- 2 corn cobs
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 capsicum, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 240 g firm white fish fillet
- Place corn (with green husk still on) in a microwave-safe bowl with a tablespoon of water.
- Microwave, covered, on HIGH (100%) for 4 minutes or until just tender.
- In a medium bowl, add tomato, cucumber, avocado, capsicum, onion, coriander, pepper and juice of ½ a lime. Mix gently to combine.
- Heat a griddle or large non-stick pan on medium-high heat.
- Lightly spray corn with oil then cook, turning frequently, for 5 minutes or until lightly charred; set aside.
- Lightly spray fish with oil then cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Serve fish with corn, salsa and remaining lime.
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Fat – Total (g)||17.0|
|– Saturated fat (g)||3.0|
|Carbohydrate – Total (g)||30.0|
|– Sugars (g)||14.0|
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour – great alternatives to butter and salt.
LiveLighter © State of Western Australia 2017, reproduced with permission. For more healthy recipes and tips visit www.livelighter.com.au.
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW&ACT nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed by www.livelighter.com.au do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW&ACT.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for individualised advice.