Thai Fish Cakes with Broccoli and Brown Rice
These delicious fishcakes are a great source of protein that come with a full serve of vegetables.
- 200g brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1kg white fish fillet, uncooked
- 2 egg beaten
- 6 tbs cornflour
- 2 tbs salt reduced fish sauce
- 6 tsp red Thai curry paste
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 2cm fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp red chilli chopped
- 4 spring onion chopped
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 1 kg mixed green beans and broccoli
- 8 lemon wedges
- Cook rice in a covered pan for 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Process the fish fillets in a food processor to form a mince.
- Add the egg, cornflour, fish sauce, curry paste, chilli and coriander, and process until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the beans and spring onions. Mix well.
- Form mixture into large patties using a spoon or wet hands.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry patties and turn when golden brown. Remove when cooked and drain.
|Total fat (g)||4.5|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.5|
|Dietary fibre (g)||6|
Recipe has been revised with the permission of the author Harriet Walker, Accredited Sports Dietitian see: www.harrietwalker.com.au/ and was sighted on Sports Dietitians Australia (SDA) website https://www.sportsdietitians.com.au/recipes/thai-fish-cakes-broccoli-brown-rice/