Tropical Fruit Kebabs
A tasty way to boost both your fruit and your dairy intake!
© Recipe and image kindly provided by Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company
- 1 medium pineapple
- 2 large mangoes
- 250 g strawberries
- 3 bananas
- 1 Tbs margarine
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 150 g pot natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 Tbs toasted slivered almonds
- Peel and discard core from pineapple. Cut pineapple into 2.5cm chunks. Cut ‘cheeks’ off mango seed, remove skin and cut into cubes. Remove hulls from strawberries and halve. Peel bananas and cut into 2cm chunks.
- Thread fruit alternatively onto wooden skewers, making 12 kebabs.
- Combine margarine, juice and sugar in a small saucepan over a low heat. Stir until margarine melts and sugar dissolves. Brush Kebabs with sugar mixture.
- Cook Kebabs on a barbeque grill for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with honey almond yoghurt.
Fruit kebabs make an easy and nutritious mid-meal snack or dessert! Try using any of your favourite fruits in season.
Nutritional Information (per serve)
|Total Fat (g)||1|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||2.5|
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on www.sanitarium.com.au do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian for individualised advice.