Terms and Conditions
Diabetes NSW & ACT provides care, support, assistance, management, education and services to all people affected with diabetes and are the influential point of reference in all matters regarding diabetes in New South Wales.
- While Diabetes NSW & ACT will, at all times, use its best endeavours to provide the abovementioned services with the highest level of diabetes management skills, it hereby disclaims any liability for any information, strategy or management of persons with diabetes, and all persons visiting our site, hereby accordingly, hold Diabetes NSW & ACT harmless and indemnifies it against any action which might be brought against it for any act of omission or commission committed by it in the course of providing the abovementioned services.
- Information provided to Diabetes NSW & ACT by users via this website will be stored online in the Diabetes NSW & ACT database system. Information provided over the internet will remain confidential and will not be shared with any other party or used for any other purpose. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password. You grant Diabetes NSW & ACT and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of Diabetes NSW & ACT the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your information in connection with the administration of your details. Diabetes NSW & ACT cannot and does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit to this website, or for your or third parties’ use or misuse of information transmitted or received using the Diabetes NSW & ACT website. Diabetes NSW & ACT reserves the right to terminate a visitor’s online account at its discretion.
- All information provided on this site is intended to be a guide only for people with diabetes and their carers. It does not replace medical advice. Any concerns which visitors to the site have about their diabetes and its treatment, should be discussed with their doctor/health professional. While all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this site, Diabetes NSW & ACT accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of that information or for any error or omission, or for any decisions made based on such information.
- Materials supplied by the site are the intellectual property of Diabetes NSW & ACT and are for personal use only. Permission to otherwise reprint or electronically recreate or reproduce any document in part or in its entirety is expressly prohibited unless prior written consent is obtained from Diabetes NSW & ACT. The compilation of information on the Diabetes NSW & ACT site, including the design and organisation, is copyrighted.
- Diabetes NSW & ACT may, in its sole discretion and at any time, discontinue providing the site or any part thereof, with or without notice. Users of the site agree that Diabetes NSW & ACT shall not be liable to them or any third party, for any termination of their access to the site or their online profile.
Terms and Conditions of Purchase
- A) General Conditions for Diabetes NSW & ACT (DNSWACT) and National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) Purchases
- Delivery and returns – Delivery of your goods can take up to 5 business days (please allow up to 10-14 days in remote areas and busier seasonal periods such as Christmas), if your delivery does not arrive in this time please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 1300 136 588 with your order number. DNSWACT regrets that they are NOT permitted to exchange or refund NDSS products incorrectly ordered by Registrants. DNSWACT products may be authorised to be returned within the Final Inspection period if in as new condition and unopened. Purchaser may be required to organise and fund transport costs.
- Price and payment – DNSWACT reserves the right to cancel and refund an order prior to dispatch. Discrepancies may include incorrect pricing or out of stock items.
- Final inspection – All Goods are received, subject to Purchasers inspection, within 5 business days of receipt at the delivery address, any unsatisfactory goods must be reported to the seller within this period or are accepted as being in a satisfactory condition by the purchaser. Upon return of Goods, the Seller will:(a) replace/rectify the rejected Goods within 14 calendar days;(b) reimburse the Purchaser for the price paid (for DNSW goods only) and any costs associated with the return of the Goods.(c) Purchaser may be required to return goods at their own cost.
- Warranties – The Seller warrants the Goods or Services will conform to their description and be of good and saleable quality. All warranties sit with the manufacturers. No Additional Warranties are given for NDSS products.
- B) NDSS Specific Conditions for Purchases
The National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) is an initiative of the Australian Government administered by Diabetes Australia. The NDSS delivers diabetes-related products at subsidised prices and provides information and support services to people with diabetes. Registration is free and open to all Australians diagnosed with diabetes. For further information on how to register please visit www.diabetesnsw.com.au/ndss or call 1300 136 588. All State and Territory Governments have agreed to fund the co-payments for needles and syringes available under the Australian Government’s NDSS program. As a result of this initiative: disposable syringes and pen needles are now free to eligible NDSS registrants.
- NDSS Product Order Guidelines – A doctor’s prescription is not necessary to purchase NDSS products. Diabetes NSW regrets that it is not permitted to exchange NDSS goods incorrectly ordered by the purchaser. Under the conditions of the Commonwealth Head Agreement, Diabetes NSW cannot dispatch goods unless you have provided all the necessary information and made the required payment (please note any missing or incorrect information may result in a delay to your order).
- Product Supply and Delivery – Diabetes NSW & ACT has an obligation not to supply amounts of product above the national levels of average use, without written authorisation. These levels are 900 strips and/or 1200 syringes/needles per 180 day period. Please note that some products have a use by date so, to avoid unnecessary wastage, take care not to over-order these items. When ordering online, by fax or over the phone all products will be sent to you by mail, to your delivery address (which must be within Australia) free of any postage charges (for NDSS products ONLY). Allow up to five working days for delivery (or 10-14 days in remote areas or at seasonal periods, for e.g. Christmas). For further details about NDSS please visit ndss.com.au or call 1300 136 588.
- Standard NDSS Eligibility – You MUST provide the following information for your order to be completed: NDSS Registration Number, Medicare Number or DVA File Number. Name, date of birth, daytime phone number, email, address, and delivery address details. Read and acknowledge the following: Declaration: I certify that the NDSS products requested/received in response to this order are for the treatment of the purchasers diabetes and that information relating to any entitlements to free or concessional benefits is not false or misleading. I also understand that Diabetes NSW & ACT is not permitted to exchange incorrectly ordered products.
- NDSS Concessions – If you are applying for a concession you must also provide the relevant number of the concession card, failure to do so may delay the processing of your order or in the incorrect subsidy being charged. If you are the holder of any of these cards you are entitled to further subsidies: Health Care Card: Health Care Card (unemployed, New Start Allowance, Low Income and Disability Allowances). Pension/Concession Card: Pensioner Concession Card (Full Pension, Commonwealth Seniors’ Health Card). Safety Net Card: Safety Net Concession Card (CN prefix), Safety Net Entitlement Card (SN Prefix). Veterans’ Affairs Card: All colours DVA Card.
- DVA – For holders of DVA cards, you may be entitled to some products at Pension Cardholders’ rates. In NSW DVA has agreed to pay your contribution (Gold Cards and White cards stating Diabetes at no cost, other colours at pensioner rate) – please enquire on 1300 136 588.
- Invalid Concessions – Orders submitted without a valid concession card may result in the full subsidy price being charged or a delay in your order being processed.
- NDSS – Insulin Pump Consumables (IPC)
IPC product ordering guidelines – along with the Standard NDSS Eligibility and General NDSS Product order guidelines access to subsidised insulin pump consumables is dependent on meeting the Commonwealth’s criteria and completion/submission of the NDSS Assessment form – orders will not be accepted unless this condition is met. The maximum number of product that can be supplied in any 180 day period is 90 cannulae/needles and 90 reservoir/cartridges – if you believe that you will exceed this limit, please contact the NDSS on 1300 136 588. Under the conditions of the Commonwealth Head Agreement, Diabetes NSW cannot dispatch goods unless you have provided all the necessary information and made the required payment.
IPC information – If a ‘Luer lock’ connection type is indicated, the product may be compatible with other pumps. Please note that the pump manufacturer may decline to provide support (or honour warranties) in the event that problems arise while utilising a pump consumable manufactured by another company. A ‘Proprietary’ connection type indicates that the product is made specifically for the recommended pump (e.g. ‘Paradigm only’ or ‘Dana only’) and is not compatible with other connection types. ‘Sets’ indicates equal number of cannulae and lines e.g. ’10 sets’ = 10 Cannulae + 10 lines. Please note that there are no additional concessions on subsidised insulin pump consumables.
Supplier codes: AMSL – Australasian Medical & Scientific c Limited (Animas/Unomedical) Medtronic – Medtronic Australasia (Minimed). DAA – Diabetes Association of Australia Roche – Roche Diagnostics (Accu-Chek) MSA – Medical Specialties Australia (Deltec/SpectRx)). Needle/cannula angle & type: straight, metal = sm straight, Tefl on = sT angled, metal = am angled, Tefl on = aT