Resources for type 1 diabetes
Access a range of useful resources to help you live well with type 1 diabetes.
- Information and factsheets on a range of topics including insulin, hypoglycaemia, managing sick days and your mental health, to help you live well with diabetes
- Information on the safe disposal of sharps if you are treating your diabetes with insulin
- Information on travelling safely with diabetes
- A range of delicious and nutritious recipes to help you follow a healthy diet
- Diabetes NSW & ACT has a free Psychologist on Call service available to help you develop strategies to manage your diabetes and get you back to a happier more fulfilling life. If you would like to access this service call our Helpline on 1300 342 238 to make an appointment.
You’ll find a wide range of other helpful information here.
Information for kids, teens and parents
If you’re a young person living with type 1 diabetes, or the parent or teacher of a child or teenager with diabetes, our special as1Diabetes website is packed with information, ideas and resources to help you understand diabetes and how to manage it. Visit as1diabetes.com.au to find out more.
If you would like any additional information or support, please contact the Diabetes NSW & ACT Helpline on 1300 342 238.