Meet the people who are responsible for the strategy and operation of Diabetes NSW & ACT.
The Board of Diabetes NSW & ACT meets with the Chief Executive Officer and members of the Executive Leadership Team every eight weeks.
The Board is made up of people with personal experience of diabetes, healthcare experts and experienced business executives who are passionate about supporting people living with the condition and raising awareness of its impact on individuals and our community.
- Arthur Koumoukelis (chair)
- Anna Pino
- Geraldine Daley
- Bruce King
- Michael Stanford
- Justine Cain
Financial members of Diabetes NSW & ACT elect the Board members in accordance with our constitution. The Board is responsible for:
- Safeguarding the good name and values of the organisation
- Acting in the best interests of Diabetes NSW & ACT
- Determining the overall policy, direction and control of the organisation
- Shaping strategy
- Ensuring financial stability
- Improving performance
The Executive Team
The Executive delivers the Board’s strategy to achieve the mission and objectives of Diabetes NSW & ACT.
- Chief Executive Officer, Sturt Eastwood
- Chief Operating Officer, Trish Egan
- General Manager, Corporate Services, Francis Harris
- General Manager, Health Services, Linda Farrugia
- General Manager, Corporate Partnerships & CSR, Sally Cox-Mulvenney
- General Manager, People Services, Alex Coward
Chief Executive Officer, Sturt Eastwood
Sturt Eastwood became the Chief Executive Officer of Diabetes NSW & ACT in February 2014 and Diabetes Queensland in 2018.
With a multidisciplinary commercial career spanning almost four decades, Sturt has a wealth of National and International management and governance experience.
Previously Sturt has held national and international senior executive and CEO positions with Telstra, Vodafone, Fujifilm and Reach and worked across fields as diverse as M&A, policy, technology, construction, marketing, strategy and health.
Sturt has lived and worked in the Pacific Islands, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. He holds a Bachelor of Business, majoring in marketing and economics and a Master of Business Administration. He has held a number of Board positions including numerous international based Telstra and Reach entities, Kordia, Diabetes NSW & ACT, The Glycaemic Index Foundation, Diabetes Qualified, The Australasian Society of Association Executives and Life for a Child. Sturt is also active in the mentoring of executive talent in the For Purpose Sector.
Following a diagnosis of type 1 diabetes in 2009, Sturt moved from managing a billion dollar global technology business to the diabetes arena.