How we help
At Diabetes NSW & ACT we work to improve the day-to-day lives of people living with diabetes. We aim to make things easier by providing access to education, information, programs and services designed to help people better manage their diabetes. Our mission is to help you achieve a life without the complications or complication of diabetes.
We are Australia’s largest member-based charity for people living with or at risk of diabetes. We have been supporting people with diabetes, their families, carers and friends, for 80 years.
Information and support
We provide trusted information, advice and support through:
- Our free contact center – 1300 342 238
- Educational health and wellbeing programs and services
- Information days, workshops and other events
- Our publications and websites
Our prevention and awareness activities contribute to reducing the development of diabetes and the complications for those living with it.
When you become a member of Diabetes NSW & ACT you join our growing community of more than 45,000 people from across NSW and the ACT. Your membership gives you access to a range of benefits, including:
- The latest health information delivered to your mailbox through our leading publications,
- Expert help and advice from qualified health professionals via our Helpline,
- Free or discounted admission to our regular events and forums and
- Discounts at our online store.
Join online today or call our Helpline on 1300 342 238
Education for health professionals
Diabetes NSW & ACT offers health professionals access to a range of relevant diabetes educational programs and resources through our Diabetes Qualified Training Business. Diabetes Qualified is owned by Diabetes NSW & ACT and is a solution for health professionals wanting to access the latest diabetes education and resources all in one place.
Membership benefits for health professionals include:
- Subscription to leading journals and publications,
- Member only content on the Diabetes Qualified Website,
- Diabetes Information packs for your clients and
- Discounts on eLearning courses and Health Professional Seminars.
To find out more visit Diabetes Qualified
Research and Advocacy
Diabetes NSW & ACT works across all levels of government to represent the views of people living with diabetes in all types of public debates and discussions.
We also advocate for individuals and offer diabetes education in workplaces to improve the understanding of diabetes in the broader community.
As well as our programs and services supporting people living with diabetes, we fund crucial research into finding better treatments and a possible future cure for diabetes.