Beat It Lite Program
18 February 2021 Physical Therapy Gym 60 Rosemont Street , Wollongong
Program starts: 18/02/2021 - Please note this program was previously in Figtree and due to start on 4th February 2021. The start date and location required to be changed as the venue in Figtree was being used as temporary Covid testing clinic
When: Every Thursday at 11:30am
Beat It Lite is a FREE 9 week physical activity and lifestyle program delivered by an Accredited Exercise Physiologist. This life-changing program can help you get back into a healthy routine to better manage your diabetes.
Whether you have exercised before or need some help getting started, the Beat It Lite program will help you on your journey to a healthier and more active life. The Exercise Physiologist will tailor individual exercises to your specific needs within a friendly and supportive environment.
The 9 week program includes:
- Initial assessment
- Tailored exercise program
- 9 group sessions (1 per week)
- Education sessions
- Tracking your progress
- Final consultation
This program is the greatest gift to someone living with diabetes who may need a helping hand to get back on track.
Lisa, 58 years
How to get started:
1. Bookings are essential as there are limited places available. Book online now, or call the NDSS Helpline on 1800 637 700.
2. Look out for your starter pack in the mail, and get your Medical Clearance form signed by your GP before your initial consultation.
3. Attend your 45min initial consultation with your Beat It Trainer before the 9 week program starts.
4. Attend your group exercise sessions and education sessions for the duration of the 9 week program.
This program is FREE for NDSS registrants who have not participated in a face-to-face Beat It program within the last 2 years.The National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) is an initiative of the Australian Government and is administered by Diabetes Australia. The NDSS agent in NSW & ACT is Diabetes NSW & ACT. Find out more about the NDSS at ndss.com.au or call the NDSS Helpline on 1800 637 700.