Beat It Program
18 June 2021 MEND - Narellan Shop 3, 4 George Hunter Drive , Narellan
Program starts: 18/06/2021 - note this program was due to start on 1st June and will now start on Friday 18th June
When: Every Tuesday & Friday at 11am
Beat It is a FREE 8 week physical activity and lifestyle program delivered by an Accredited Exercise Physiologist. This life-changing program can help you get back into a healthy routine to better manage your diabetes.
Whether you have exercised before or need some help getting started, the Beat It program will help you on your journey to a healthier and more active life. The Exercise Physiologist will tailor individual exercises to your specific needs within a friendly and supportive environment.
The 8 week program includes:
- Initial assessment
- Tailored exercise program
- 16 group sessions (2 per week)
- Education sessions
- Tracking your progress
- Final consultation
This program is the greatest gift to someone living with diabetes who may need a helping hand to get back on track.
Lisa, 58 years
How to get started:
1. Bookings are essential as there are limited places available. Book online now, or call the NDSS Helpline on 1800 637 700.
2. Look out for your starter pack in the mail, and get your Medical Clearance form signed by your GP before your initial consultation.
3. Attend your 45min initial consultation with your Beat It Trainer before the 8 week program starts.
4. Attend your group exercise sessions and education sessions for the duration of the 8 week program.
This program is FREE for NDSS registrants who have not participated in a face-to-face Beat It program within the last 2 years.
We’ve implemented new measures to protect the safety and wellbeing of all attendees and staff at our diabetes events. Read about our new safety measures and conditions of entry here.The National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) is an initiative of the Australian Government and is administered by Diabetes Australia. The NDSS agent in NSW & ACT is Diabetes NSW & ACT. Find out more about the NDSS at ndss.com.au or call the NDSS Helpline on 1800 637 700.