Fundraise for us
No-one should have to deal with diabetes alone. By raising funds for Diabetes NSW & ACT, you will be providing advocacy support and psychological care to people living with diabetes, and supporting the search for a cure.
Before you start your fundraising activities, we ask that you let us know so we can share our guidelines and authorise you to raise funds on our behalf.
There are two ways you can do this:
- Set up an online fundraising page on GoFundraise,
- Download our Fundraising Manual, complete the application form and return it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The easiest and most effective way to raise funds for Diabetes NSW & ACT is to set up a fundraising page on GoFundraise. Once you’ve created your page we will review and approve it on the site. You can then go ahead and send everyone you know a link to your page, asking them to help you make life easier for people living with diabetes.
Online fundraising via GoFundraise works best if you link your page to a fundraising event or a challenge you have set yourself, such as:
- A sponsored activity like swimming, hiking, jogging, cycling, dancing or reading
- A special event like climbing a mountain or running the City2Surf
- Giving something up for a number of days, such as eating chocolate or watching television.
If you keep people up to date on your progress and thank them for their donations you’ll encourage them to donate more and to tell other people about your efforts.
Social media is a great way to spread the word about the wonderful thing that you’re doing. Don’t be afraid to ask people to support you. You can make it easy for them to donate by including the link to your GoFundraise fundraising page in every post.
Other great ways to raise funds
If you want to raise funds but prefer not to set up an online page, our Fundraising Manual will give you all the information you need to get started.
There are lots of great ways you can raise funds, such as:
- Garage sale
- Community sausage sizzle
- Swear jar
- Movie night at home
- Gold coin donation day at your child or grandchild’s school.
For more inspiration or to discuss your ideas, contact our friendly fundraising team at email@example.com or on 1300 342 238.
Together we can ensure no-one has to deal with diabetes alone.