Fundraise for us
By raising funds for Diabetes NSW & ACT you will be supporting people who are living with diabetes.
Before you start your fundraising activities we ask that you let us know so we can share our guidelines and authorise you to raise funds on our behalf.
There are two ways you can do this:
- Set up an online fundraising page on everydayhero,
- Download our Fundraising Manual, complete the application form and return it to us at email@example.com.
The easiest and most effective way to raise funds for Diabetes NSW & ACT is to set up a fundraising page on everydayhero. Once you’ve created your page we will review and approve it on the site. You can then go ahead and send everyone you know a link to your page, asking them to help you make life easier for people living with diabetes.
Online fundraising via everydayhero works best if you link your page to a fundraising event or a challenge you have set yourself, such as:
- A sponsored activity like swimming, hiking, jogging, cycling, dancing or reading
- A special event like climbing a mountain or running the City2Surf
- Giving something up for a number of days, such as eating chocolate or watching television
If you keep people up to date on your progress and thank them for their donations you’ll encourage them to donate more and to tell other people about your efforts.
Social media is a great way to spread the word about the wonderful thing that you’re doing. Don’t be afraid to ask people to support you. You can make it easy for them to donate by including the link to your everydayhero fundraising page in every post.
Other great ways to raise funds
If you want to raise funds but prefer not to set up an online page, our Fundraising Manual will give you all the information you need to get started.
There are lots of great ways you can raise funds, such as:
- Garage sale
- Community sausage sizzle
- Swear jar
- Movie night at home
- Gold coin donation day at your child or grandchild’s school
For more inspiration or to discuss your ideas, contact our friendly fundraising team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 1300 342 238.