- Serves 8
- 10 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 45 Minutes Cook
- Energy 828kJ
- Protein 3.1g
- Fat (total) 10.6g
- - Saturated Fat 1.1g
- Carbohydrate (total) 23.3g
- - Sugar 13.6g
- Fibre 3.5g
- Sodium 45mg
1 cup SPLENDA® Low Calorie Sweetener Granular
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/4 cup orange juice
5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1 kg)
1 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
2 tablespoons SPLENDA® Low Calorie Sweetener Granular
1/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons canola margarine
1/2 cup puffed rice cereal
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Filling Method: Preheat oven to 180°C (350° F).
- Spray a 22 cm (8-inch) square baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together SPLENDA® Granular Sweetener, cinnamon, orange zest and orange juice in a large bowl; add apples and toss to coat.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan; spoon topping over apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Serve warm.
- Topping Method: Stir together oats, SPLENDA®: Granular Sweetener, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; cut margarine in with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in cereal and walnuts.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Walnuts are an excellent source of healthy fats including omega-3 fatty acids and are great for our heart health.
Recipe and image kindly provided by SPLENDA® Sweeteners. Please visit www.splenda.com.au for more recipes.