Avocado, Corn and Tomato Omelette
- Serves 2
- 7 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 10 Minutes Cook
- Energy 1727kJ
- Fat (total) 21.9g
- - Saturated Fat 5.0g
- Carbohydrate (total) 30g
- Fibre 7.6g
125g can corn, drained
½ avocado, peeled, seeded, finely chopped
1 ripe tomato, seeded, finely chopped
Pepper and dried herbs to taste
4 eggs, lightly whisked
1 tablespoon cold water
Multigrain toast or gluten free bread, to serve
- Combine the corn, avocado and tomato in a small bowl. Season with pepper or dried herbs. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and water together in a small jug. Season with pepper.
- Spray a small frying pan with a little olive oil spray and place over medium-high heat. Add half the egg mixture and cook, tilting the pan until mixture covers the base. As omelette sets, lift edge so uncooked egg runs underneath. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon half the avocado mixture over the omelette. Fold edge over to enclose filling. Turn onto a serving plate. Repeat with remaining egg mixture and avocado mixture.
- Serve immediately with a slice of multigrain toast.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Add a salad to the side to make it into a healthy lunch.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from Australian Avocados www.avocado.org.au/recipes