- Makes 6
- 5 Ingredients
- 15 Minutes Prep
- Energy 494kJ
- Protein 1.5g
- Fat (total) 0.4g
- - Saturated Fat 0.0g
- Carbohydrate (total) 25.3g
- Fibre 3.1g
- Sodium 8mg
- Exchanges 1.5 per 2 x snowman
Handful of currents or sultanas chopped
- Cut the bananas into thick slices (approx 9 rounds per banana)
- Peel the carrot and cut into small triangular slivers for a pointy nose
- Trim the stem from the strawberries and then cut in half. You should get two hats out of each strawberry
- Cut the grapes in half. (We only used the smooth half and ate the stem end)
- To assemble, thread three slices of banana on to each skewer followed by a strawberry hat and grape half. Gently press the currents into the banana slices to create eyes and the buttons on the body then add the carrot nose
- Serve immediately or freeze and serve later
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Chop everything up, place all the bits in separate bowls and then have the kids assemble the snowmen.
Safety note: Please be careful with using sharp skewers when cooking with children. If necessary cut or break off the pointy end to avoid injury
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from One Handed Cooks; http://onehandedcooks.com.au/recipe/christmas-banana-snowmen/
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW & ACT nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on the One Handed Cooks website do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW & ACT.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for individualised advice.