Broccoli and Sweet Potato Couscous©
- Serves 4
- 10 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 25 Minutes Cook
- Energy 1700kJ
- Protein 16g
- Fat (total) 14g
- - Saturated Fat 1g
- Carbohydrate (total) 50g
- Fibre 9g
- Sodium 350mg
1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 2cm chunks
100g fresh corn kernels
2 cups vegetable stock
1 cup couscous
5 tablespoons pine nuts
1 bunch fresh mint
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon, juiced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place sweet potato onto baking tray. Spray with oil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut broccoli into small florets. Steam broccoli and corn kernels.
- In a saucepan bring stock to the boil. Place couscous in a large bowl and pour 1 cup of heated stock over the couscous and rake with a fork.
- Let the couscous sit for 5 minutes then rake again.
- Mix in broccoli, corn kernels, sweet potato and pine nuts. Peel and cut the avocado into 2cm chunks and mix.
- Hand-pick mint leaves and scatter them through the couscous.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and serve.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
This recipe is bursting with good nutrition and whole foods, inncluding lower glycemic index (GI) carbohydrates such as sweet potato and corn, healthy unsaturated oils from pine nuts, avocado and olive oil, and fibre from grains, pine nuts and a variety of vegetables.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company.