- 6 (5 nuggets per serve)
- 15 Minutes
- 35 Minutes
- Energy 429kJ
- Protein 8.8g
- Total fat 3.3g
- - saturated fat 1.5g
- Carbohydrate 7.2g
- Fibre 4.0g
- Sodium 153mg
- 2 medium heads broccoli, cut into florets (save the stalks, finely chop and add them to soup for a nutrition boost!)
- 1/4 cup brown onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely ground breadcrumbs
- 1 large Community Co* free range egg
- 1/4 cup Community Co* Grated Parmesan Cheese
*Community Co eggs and cheese can be found at IGA. Please note any brand of eggs or parmesan cheese work just as well.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook until tender, this should take about 5 minutes. Drain, and add into a food processor. Pulse until chopped into small pieces.
- Add 3 cups of the broccoli to a bowl with egg, parmesan, onion and breadcrumbs. Stir to combine.
- The kids can help you form nuggets from about 1 tbsp of the mixture. Press the mixture into a cookie cutter to form a shape or simply roll them up! Place onto a baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes. Flip, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a little before enjoying with your favourite dipping sauce.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Choose a low fat dipping sauce or cover with a squeeze of lemon. Serve these as a snack or add them to a main meal.
Recipe sourced from IGA Family Program website (https://family.iga.com.au/) and photography by http://walkingwithkimphotography.com/
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW & ACT nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on the IGA Family Program website do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW & ACT.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for individualised advice.