Chickpea and Nut Cakes
- Serves 6
- 12 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 20 Minutes Cook
- Energy 1270kJ
- Fat (total) 15g
- - Saturated Fat 1g
- Carbohydrate (total) 26g
- Fibre 7g
- Sodium 320mg
400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup roughly chopped toasted hazelnuts
1/2 cup roughly chopped toasted almonds
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon mild paprika
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons chopped mint
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons wholemeal plain flour
1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 175C
- Place the chickpeas, nuts, cumin and paprika in a food processor or blender and blend until nearly smooth
- Transfer to a bowl and stir through lemon rind, herbs, egg and flour
- Use wetted hands to roll mixture into cakes, then dust in breadcrumbs
- Spray with cooking oil spray.
- Bake the cakes for 20 minutes until golden.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
One serve (two cakes) contains 20 grams of nuts, which is a great bonus for your cardiovascular health!
Images and recipe reproduced with permission from Nuts for Life www.nutsforlife.com.au