Fish Fingers with Rainbow Slaw and Lemon Aioli
- Serves 4
- 16 Ingredients
- 20 Minutes Prep
- 20 Minutes Cook
- Energy 1991kJ
- Protein 41.3g
- Fat (total) 20.1g
- - Saturated Fat 3.0g
- Carbohydrate (total) 27.5g
- Fibre 7.5g
- Sodium 386mg
600g thin boneless, skinless fish fillets
1/2 cup rice flour
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 large eggs
Canola or olive oil cooking spray
Lemon wedges, to serve
1/4 cup low fat plain Greek-style yoghurt
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 small clove garlic, crushed
250g (1/4 small) red cabbage, finely shredded
125g snow peas, thinly sliced lengthways
1 large carrot, coarsely grated
1/2 yellow capsicum, cut into thin strips
3 green shallots, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons French dressing
- Preheat oven to 220C (fan-forced). Cut fish into thick strips about 3 cm wide. Combine flour and sesame seeds on a large plate. Whisk eggs in a small bowl.
- Line a large oven tray with baking paper. Spray paper with cooking oil spray. Dip fish fingers, one at a time, in beaten egg, then toss in flour mixture to coat. Arrange fish on prepared tray in a single layer. Spray again with cooking spray oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Turn fish. Return to oven. Bake a further 5-10 minutes or until fish is light golden and cooked through.
- To make rainbow slaw, combine cabbage, snow peas, carrot, capsicum, shallots and French dressing in a large bowl. Toss well.
- To make lemon aioli, mix yoghurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl.
- Serve fish fingers with rainbow slaw and lemon aioli. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Tasks for ‘kids in the kitchen’:
Combine flour and sesame seeds on a large plate (Step 1).
Whisk eggs in bowl (Step 1).
Dip fish in egg and toss in flour (Step 2).
Make lemon aioli (Step 5).
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Any thin, boneless, skinless fish fillets would be suitable for this recipe, such as John Dory, snapper or basa.
Recipe and image Sourced from Healthy Kids at https://www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au/recipes/fish-fingers-with-rainbow-slaw-and-lemon-aioli.aspx