Frozen Berry Yoghurt
- Serves 6
- 6 Ingredients
- 5 Minutes Prep
- 10 Minutes Cook + Freezing
- Energy 385kJ
- Protein 3.2g
- Fat (total) 0.1g
- - Saturated Fat 0.0g
- Carbohydrate (total) 18.1g
- Fibre 1.6g
- Sodium 48mg
½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
¾ cup (180ml) water
300g (9½ ounces) frozen mixed berries
500g (1 pound) no-fat greek-style yoghurt
60g (2 ounces) fresh raspberries
60g (2 ounces) fresh blueberries
- Combine sugar and the water in a small saucepan; stir over low heat for 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, without stirring; reduce heat to low, simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until syrupy. Cool.
- Blend or process cooled syrup, frozen berries and yoghurt until smooth. Push mixture through a coarse sieve into a 2-litre (4-cup) loaf pan. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Transfer to a food processor; process yoghurt mixture to break up ice crystals, then refreeze for 4 hours.
- Slice, or scoop, equal amounts of frozen yoghurt into six serving bowls; top with fresh
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Stand frozen yoghurt at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving, to soften slightly. Frozen yoghurt can be made up to 2 weeks ahead.
Image and recipe from The Australian Women’s Weekly, Diabetes, Food For Life by arrangement Bauer Books, a division Bauer Media Australia. Copyright © 2017