Gnocchi with Spinach and Walnuts©
- Serves 4
- 8 Ingredients
- 5 Minutes Prep
- 10 Minutes Cook
- Energy 1720kJ
- Protein 9g
- Fat (total) 16g
- - Saturated Fat 2g
- Carbohydrate (total) 55g
- Fibre 6g
- Sodium 145mg
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup walnut pieces, chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup currants
2 garlic cloves, crushed
120g baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup salt reduced vegetable stock
625g fresh potato gnocchi
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add walnuts and cook, stirring often, until golden.
- Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add currants and crushed garlic.
- Cook, stirring often, for 1-2 minutes until currants are plump.
- Add spinach and stock. Gently toss until spinach begins to wilt.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi, following instructions on the packet, until al dente.
- Drain gnocchi and immediately return to the pan. Add spinach mixture and walnuts. Gently toss and serve.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Walnuts are an excellent source of healthy fats including omega-3 fatty acids and are great for our heart health.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company