Hot Cross Scones
- Serves 12
- 7 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 12 Minutes Cook
- Energy 905kJ
- Protein 4.9g
- Fat - Total 6.9g
- -Saturated Fat 4.3g
- Carbohydrate 32.3g
- Fibre 1.9g
- Sodium 246mg
- Preheat oven to 220C and lightly dust a flat baking tray with a little flour.
- Sift flour into a large bowl, add cinnamon, mixed spice and nutmeg and use your fingertips to rub in the butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add sultanas and milk. Mix until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently (not too much or scones will be tough).
- Flatten dough to 2cm thick. Cut into square and place on baking tray 1cm apart.
- Brush with a little milk and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the scones are golden in colour.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
While scones are cooling, melt some white, milk, or dark chocolate (whatever you have or prefer) and spoon into a plastic bag. Cut off the corner of the bag to create a small hole and pipe a cross onto each scone. Enjoy!
Recipe and image kindly provided by McKenzies Foods: https://www.mckenziesfoods.com.au/
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW & ACT nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed by https://www.mckenziesfoods.com.au/do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW & ACT.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements, consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for individualised advice.