Hot Weet-Bix™ Breakfast Crumble ©
- Serves 2
- 7 Ingredients
- 5 Minutes Prep
- 5 Minutes Cook
- Energy 995kJ
- Protein 11.0g
- Fat (total) 2.0g
- - Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Carbohydrate (total) 42.0g
- Fibre 8.0g
- Sodium 145mg
½ cup frozen berries
1 red apple, peeled, cored and diced
¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1 teaspoon honey
4 Weet-Bix™ biscuits (or gluten-free alternative)
1 ¼ cups skim milk
1 teaspoon sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Using a small saucepan, heat the berries with the apple, cinnamon and honey, reduce for a couple of minutes until thick.
- In a shallow breakfast bowl, layer your crumble by alternating half a crushed Weet-Bix™ biscuit with a spoonful of the berry mix. Continue with layers.
- Pour over hot milk, ensuring even coverage.
- Finish by sprinkling toasted sliced almonds on top.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
For a gluten free option use Gluten Free Weetbix.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Sanitarium Health and Wellbeing Company https://www.sanitarium.com.au/recipes/a-z/weet-bix-with-apple-and-maple-syrup