Pasta with Roast Vegetables and Pecans©
- Serves 8
- 12 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 30 Minutes Cook
- Energy 1340kJ
- Protein 8g
- Fat (total) 12g
- - Saturated Fat 1g
- Carbohydrate (total) 41g
- Fibre 6g
- Sodium 100mg
2 red onions, cut into eighths
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
4 baby eggplant, sliced lengthways
10 Dutch carrots, peeled
4 cloves garlic, skin on
1 tablespoon olive oil
100g pecan nuts, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil, extra
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Place onions, tomatoes, eggplant, carrots and garlic in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oil and mix, lightly coating the vegetables with oil.
- Spread the vegetables on tray, and bake in a moderate oven, 180C, for 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, spread pecan nuts on a tray and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Prepare fettuccine according to packet instructions.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Remove vegetables from the oven and squeeze the garlic out of its skin into the oil mixture. Mash with a fork.
- Add roasted vegetables and olive oil mixture to cooked pasta.
- Serve sprinkled with roasted pecan nuts and basil.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
If you don’t have baby eggplant or Dutch carrots, just use the regular variety. One medium eggplant and four regular carrots will substitute nicely.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company