Pork with Lemongrass, Almonds and Cashews
- Serves 4
- 12 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Cook
- Energy 1980kJ
- Protein 29g
- Fat (total) 13g
- - Saturated Fat 2g
- Carbohydrate (total) 54g
- Fibre 12g
- Sodium 310mg
2 teaspoons canola oil
350g pork fillet, thinly sliced
1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons cashews
2 tablespoons whole almonds
2 green onions, cut into 3cm lengths
4 cups sliced mixed vegetables eg. carrots, bok choy, snow peas, capsicum
1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon salt reduced soy sauce (gluten free if needed)
2 teaspoons brown sugar
4 cups rice noodles cooked, to serve
- Heat the oil in a wok or large non stick frying pan.
- Stir fry the pork in batches until browned then remove and keep warm.
- Add the lemongrass, cashews, almonds, green onions, vegetables and chilli and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the lemongrass is soft.
- Return the pork to the wok, along with the combined lime juice, soy and brown sugar.
- Cook for a further 3 minutes then serve immediately with noodles.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
This recipe includes a mix vegetables. Aim for 5 serves of vegetables each day and include a mix of different types and colours to ensure you are getting a good combination of vitamins, minerals and fibres.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from Nuts for Life. Recipes can be found at www.nutsforlife.com.au