Quick Tuna Couscous Salad
- Serves 6
- 10 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- Energy 958kJ
- Protein 18.7g
- Fat (total) 2.3g
- - Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Carbohydrate (total) 29.4g
- - Sugar 4.7g
- Sodium 249.1mg
1 cup couscous
1 cup boiling water
420g can tuna in spring water, drained
420g can reduced-salt corn kernels, drained
2 cups frozen peas
4 spring onions (including green tops), sliced
1 cup coriander, finely chopped
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons curry powder, optional
- Place couscous in a small heatproof bowl, pour over boiling water; cover and set aside for 3 minutes.
- Into a large bowl combine tuna, corn, peas, spring onions and coriander.
- Fluff couscous with a fork to separate grains and stir through sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice and curry powder.
- Add couscous to salad ingredients, mix well and serve.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
To change it up, why not replace couscous with 2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice. You can also add a drained 420g can of no-added-salt 4-bean mix, chickpeas or cannellini beans.
Recipe and image reproduce with permission from LiveLighter © State of Western Australia 2015. For more healthy recipes and tips visit www.livelighter.com.au