Roast potato, sweet potato and salmon frittata
- 35 Minutes
- 15 Minutes
- Energy 1655kJ
- Protein 34.2g
- Fat - total 17.4g
- - saturated fat 5.5g
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Fibre 13.3g
- Sodium 583mg
1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1cm dice drained
½ medium sweet potato peeled and cut into 1cm dice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup baby spinach leaves, washed
1 x 180g tin pink salmon in spring water bones removed drained
½ cup tasty cheese
8 eggs, lightly whisked
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the potato and sweet potato in a roasting tray, add the oil and toss to combine. Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, turning half way through, or until the potato and sweet potato are golden and tender.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Place a frying pan on the stove top over low heat. Place the potato and sweet potato in a single layer on the base of the frying pan. Layer the spinach leaves on top, followed by the salmon and then top with the grated cheese.
- Pour the eggs over the top. Continue to cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until the egg has begun to set around the edges but is still runny in the centre.
- Place under the grill and cook for a further five minutes or until the egg has set and the frittata is golden brown on top
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
For adults, slice the frittata into large triangles and serve with a side salad or steamed vegetables.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from One Handed Cooks; http://onehandedcooks.com.au/recipe/roast-potato-sweet-potato-salmon-frittata/
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW & ACT nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on the One Handed Cooks website do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW & ACT.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for individualised advice.