Zucchini, Lentil and Curry Fritters
- Serves 4
- 11 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 20 Minutes Cook
- Energy 1181kJ
- Protein 10.7g
- Fat (total) 12.9g
- - Saturated Fat 2.4g
- Carbohydrate (total) 28.7g
- Fibre 7.6g
- Sodium 363mg
200g red capsicum, finely chopped
1 small avocado, chopped
1 lemon, juiced
6 green shallots, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
350g coarsely grated zucchini
3 teaspoons curry powder
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup self-raising flour
120g mixed salad leaves
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Combine capsicum, avocado, 2 tablespoons juice and half both the shallots and coriander in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mash lentils in a large bowl. Squeeze grated zucchini to remove as much excess liquid as possible (see tip).
- Add to lentils with curry powder, egg, flour and remaining shallots and coriander. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add four ¼-cup amounts of lentil mixture to pan. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat to make 8 more fritters.
- Meanwhile, toss salad leaves, vinegar and oil in a bowl. Serve salad with fritters and capsicum salsa.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
An easy way to squeeze grated zucchini is to place it in a colander, then press down on it with a bowl.
These recipes were created and approved by Weight Watchers. For more recipes or tips for a healthier lifestyle follow us on Instagram @WeightWatchersAUNZ or visit our website https://www.weightwatchers.com/au/
Note: 4 SmartPoints VALUES PER SERVE