- Serves 4
- 10 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 10 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 1655kJ
- Protein 36.3g
- Fat (total) 8g
- - Saturated Fat 2.3g
- Carbohydrate (total) 43.2g
- - Sugar 13.1g
- Fibre 8.4g
- Sodium 92mg
2 teaspoons corn flour or gluten-free cornflour
400g apricot halves in natural juices, drained, juice reserved
1/4 cup SPLENDA® Granulated
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
500g skinless chicken breast fillets, trimmed of fat
2/3 cup basmati rice
2 bunches broccolini, steamed, to serve
200g sugar snap peas, trimmed, steamed, to serve
250g yellow squash, quartered, steamed, to serve
- Put the cornflour in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the reserved apricot juice until smooth. Stir in the SPLENDA® Granulated. Set aside.
- Brush half the oil over the base of a large non-stick frying pan. Heat over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until the onion starts to soften.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add the chicken. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until just browned.
- Add the SPLENDA® Granulated mixture and apricot halves to the pan. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 6 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in a small saucepan of boiling water following packet directions, or until tender. Drain.
- Divide the rice among serving plates.
- Top with the chicken and sauce and serve with the steamed vegetables.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Experiment and try serving your meal with different vegetables. Aim to get a good mix of the different colours and types of vegies to help ensure you are getting a good mix of vitamins and minerals with your meal. Aim to fill half your plate with ‘free’ vegetables.
Recipes kindly provided by SPLENDA® Sweeteners. Please visit www.splenda.com.au for more recipes.