Baked Ricotta Pies with Blueberry Coulis
- Serves 4
- 4 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 15 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 667kJ
- Fat (total) 3.1g
- - Saturated Fat 2.2g
- Carbohydrate (total) 26.4g
- Fibre 0.7g
- Sodium 141mg
2 egg whites
4 tablespoons (100g) honey
250g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
1 cup (150g) frozen blueberries, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add 3Tbsp of honey and the ricotta cheese and mix to combine.
- Using a 1/2 cup measure, spoon the mixture into 6 cups of a silicone (or other nonstick) muffin tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until the little pies rise and are golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the berries and 1Tbsp water over low heat until the berries are softened. Stir in remaining honey and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes or until syrupy.
- Serve the pies drizzled with the ‘oh so yummy’ blueberry coulis!
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Ricotta cheese is a great source of calcium. Each serve of pie will contribute half a serve of dairy.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from 4 Ingredients Diabetes Cookbook.