Baked vegetables with dates and feta
- 40 minutes
- 15 minutes
- Energy 1130kJ
- Protein 12g
- Total fat 11g
- - saturated fat 3g
- Carbohydrate 27g
- Fibre 11.7g
- Sodium 249mg
- 2 whole beetroot
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 4 carrots, sliced 1cm thick on diagonal
- 1 eggplant, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 ½ cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1kg pumpkin, skinned and cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar or glaze
- 6 fresh dates, stoned and quartered
- 100g reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 ¼ cup coriander leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Wrap beetroot in foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Put the onions, carrots, eggplant, cauliflower and pumpkin in a large wide shallow baking dish. Add oil and toss so the oil lightly coats the vegetables. Bake for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the oven, peel beetroot and cut into chunks. Place the vegetables in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and toss lightly.
- Place dates and feta on top, sprinkle with sesame seeds and coriander.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Instead of coriander try other herbs like parsley to change the flavour and add variety to this delicious dish.
Recipe and image sourced from and kindly provided by and Sanitarium Health and WellBeing.
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW & ACT nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed by Sanitarium Health and Wellbeing Company; https://www.sanitarium.com.au do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW & ACT.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for individualised advice.