BBQ Chicken Skewers with Spicy Plum Sauce
These yummy BBQ chicken skewers are a great addition to a family BBQ luncheon.
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 1412kJ
- Total fat 9g
- Sat fat 2g
- Total carb 6g
- Protein 55g
- Fibre 3g
- Sodium 172mg
- 8 x chicken tenderloins threaded onto metal skewers
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small chilli, chopped finely (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste, no added salt
- 2 medium plums, stone removed and quartered
- 1/3 cup white wine or water
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters to serve
- To make the plum sauce, heat half of the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and gently sauté the onion, garlic, chilli, ginger, and pepper, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add the tomato
paste, plums and white wine and keep cooking for a further 5 minutes until the plums are cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly, then puree until it becomes a thick sauce. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil on a grill plate until hot and bbq the chicken skewers for 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon and place the spicy plum sauce in a small dish.
Diabetes Queensland, images thanks to A Better Choice