Beef Kebabs with Smoky BBQ Sauce
- Serves 6
- 13 Ingredients
- 15 Minutes Prep
- 5 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 1296kJ
- Fat (total) 7.9g
- - Saturated Fat 1.9g
- Carbohydrate (total) 25.5g
- Fibre 5.6g
- Sodium 164mg
6 bamboo skewers or metal skewers
400g beef fillet steak
2 red onions, each cut into 6 wedges
1 green capsicum, seeded and cut into large squares
1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
6 lemon cheeks
12 fresh bay leaves
Green salad, small pita bread to serve
Smoky BBQ Sauce Marinade
1/4 cup red wine
3 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon EQUAL SPOONFUL or 3 Equal Sachets
- Soak 6 bamboo skewers overnight if using.
- Trim excess fat from beef and cut into large cubes. Combine marinade ingredients in large bowl. Add beef and stir until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Drain and reserve marinade.
- Thread beef, vegetables, lemon wedges and bay leaves alternatively onto skewers. Brush with marinade.
- Preheat BBQ grill or chargrill pan to high. Cook, turning occasionally until meat is cooked to your liking. Cook lemon cheeks on grill until lightly charred. Lightly toast pita bread.
- Serve skewers with charred lemon, green salad and a small pita bread.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from Equal.