Berries with homemade raspberry sorbet
This does require some preparation; if you can, peel, slice and freeze your bananas a day before preparing the sorbet, otherwise do it several hours before making the sorbet.
- 20 minutes
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 723kJ
- Protein 3.4g
- Total fat 0.7g
- - saturated fat 0.1g
- Carbohydrate 29.6g
- Fibre 13.7g
- Sodium 4.2mg
- 810g of frozen raspberries
- Plus 60g extra of frozen raspberries
- 3 small to medium ripe bananas, peeled and cut into slices and frozen till firm
- 150g punnet of fresh raspberries
- 500g fresh strawberries
- 400g fresh blueberries
- 6-12 fresh mint leaves
One or two hours before serving:
- Allow the 60g of frozen raspberries to defrost and roughly squash them.
- Line a 1.25-1.5L metal or plastic container with baking paper.
- Blend the 810g of frozen raspberries and the frozen banana slices in small batches until well smooth and well combined. Pour into the container.
- Stir through the squashed raspberries. Smooth the top and pop in the freezer until it needs to be served.
- Wash all the fresh berries. Hull the strawberries and slice into halves or quarters if they are large. Mix together gently. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to be served.
- Serve with sorbet and decorate with a washed mint leaf or two.
Dale Cooke, APD