Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
- Makes 24
- 9 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 15 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 372kJ
- Protein 1.7g
- Fat (total) 2.8g
- - Saturated Fat 0.8g
- Carbohydrate (total) 14.1g
- Fibre 1.2g
- Sodium 29mg
1/2 cup canned navy beans or lentils, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons canola oil
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a cookie sheet/ tray with parchment or grease proof paper.
- Puree beans with egg until smooth in blender.
- In a medium bowl, beat canola oil, sugar and vanilla using electric mixer until smooth.
- Add bean and egg purée and continue beating until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and oats and use wooden spoon to combine.
- Sift together flour and baking soda over wet mixture and stir until well combined.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon, 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool on tray for 2 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
We know how good pulses eg navy beans and lentils, are for us. They provide a great source of soluble fibre which helps lower unhealthy ‘LDL’ cholesterol and is also good for bowel health. Experiment with pulses in your cooking and you will love their versatile nature as an ingredient, even in desserts.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from Pulse Canada. Recipes can be found at http://www.pulsecanada.com