Crispy Green Bean Fries
- Serves 6
- 6 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 10-15 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 517KJ
- Protein 6.2g
- Fat (total) 2.8g
- - Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Carbohydrate (total) 17.5g
- Fibre 1.9g
- Sodium 155mg
3 cups fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
2 Community Co free range eggs, beaten
1 cup panko crumbs (you can find this in the IGA international aisle)
1-3 pinches of Community Co Sea Salt
1 teaspoon Community Co Black Peppercorns
Community Co Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil spray.
- Place beaten eggs in a medium, shallow bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Dip each green bean in the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Lay green beans in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Broil for 1-2 minutes to get a deep golden-brown colour and extra crispy texture.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
This recipe lends itself to lots of other vegetables such as carrot and or zucchini sticks.
Community Co products are sold at IGA, however you can use products from any store to make this recipe.
Recipe (https://family.iga.com.au/crispy-green-bean-fries/) and image kindly provided by IGA Family Program and http://walkingwithkimphotography.com/ respectively. For more recipes, visit the IGA Family Program: https://family.iga.com.au/
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW & ACT nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on the IGA Family Program website do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW & ACT.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for individualised advice.