Fish and Chips
- Serves 2
- 10 Ingredients
- 15 Minutes Prep
- 25 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 2067kJ
- Protein 38.0g
- Fat (total) 10.0g
- - Saturated Fat 1.0g
- Carbohydrate (total) 57.0g
- - Sugars 16.0g
- Fibre 11.0g
- Sodium 396mg
500g sweet potato, cut into wedges
Spray olive or canola oil spray
1/2 cup breadcrumbs or gluten free breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
200g firm white fish fillet
1 cup mixed salad or baby spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 230° C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on a tray, spray liberally with oil and bake for 15 minutes on top shelf of the oven.
- Combine breadcrumbs and herbs in a shallow dish. Fill a separate shallow bowl with beaten egg. Dip fish in egg wash, shake off excess so it is damp but not wet. Add fish to breadcrumb mixture, turning to make sure it is well coated and gently press on crumbs. Spray liberally with oil.
- Turn wedges over and add the fish to the tray. Bake for 10 minutes until fish is golden and cooked through and wedges are crisp.
- Divide between plates and serve with salad and lemon on the side.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
To make this gluten-free, use gluten-free breadcrumbs or crushed up rice bubbles/ corn flakes.
LiveLighter © State of Western Australia 2017, reproduced with permission. For more healthy recipes and tips visit www.livelighter.com.au.