Fresh Noodle & Vegetable Rolls©
- Makes 12
- 8 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 5 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 135kJ
- Protein 1g
- Fat (total) <1g
- Carbohydrate (total) 7g
- Fibre 1g
- Sodium 10mg
80g rice vermicelli noodles
1 medium carrot, grated coarsely
1 medium cucumber, deseeded and finely sliced
1 medium red capsicum, finely sliced
1/4 small Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1/2 cup mint leaves, whole
12 x 22cm rice paper wrappers
Optional Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup caster sugar
2/3 cup water
1 birds eye chili, halved and sliced (optional)
1/4 cup lime juice
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons reduced salt soy sauce
- Soak noodles in boiling water in a large heatproof bowl for 5 minutes; stir to separate strands, then drain.
- Using scissors, cut noodles into shorter lengths.
- Place noodles in a large bowl; drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the dipping sauce.
- Add vegetables and herbs; toss to combine.
- To assemble rolls, place 1 sheet of rice paper in a medium bowl of warm water until just softened.
- Lift sheet from water carefully; place on a board covered with a clean tea towel.
- Place 1/3 cup of mixture across lower part of the wrapper, in a neat horizontal pile.
- Fold bottom end over, then sides and roll up tightly.
- Place on a platter. Repeat with remaining rice paper sheets and vegetable filling.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
If you choose to serve your Fresh Noodle and Vegetable Rolls with soy sauce try and choose reduced-salt soy sauce or sweet chillli sauce.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company.