- Makes 20
- 9 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 30 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 457kJ
- Protein 2.9g
- Fat (total) 1.4g
- - Saturated Fat 0.7g
- Carbohydrate (total) 21.6g
- Fibre 1.9g
- Sodium 131mg
1 cup raisins
1 cup sultanas
1/2 cup water or unsweetened apple juice
125g light cream cheese
1/2 cup SPLENDA® Low Calorie Sweetener, Granular
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup reduced fat milk
- Preheat oven to 200°C and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Combine filling ingredients in a microwave-proof bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese and SPLENDA® Granular together.
- Add flour, cinnamon and sufficient milk to form a manageable dough (extra milk may be required).
- Place dough on a lightly floured board and roll out with a pin into a rectangle approximately 35 x 25cm.
- Place fruit filling along one of the longer sides of the rolled pastry then roll the pastry over to encase the filling.
- Lift Fruit Roll onto prepared baking sheet and cut slashes in the top of the roll approximately 1 cm apart
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Cool Fruit Roll then cut into pieces using the slashes as a guide.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Although this cake is lower in kilojoules, fat and sugar compared to your average cake or biscuit it is still an occasional food. Remember to use stick to a modest portion/ serve.
Recipe and image kindly provided by SPLENDA® Sweeteners. Please visit www.splenda.com.au for more recipes.