- Makes 12
- 7 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 15 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 350kJ
- Protein 2g
- Fat (total) 3.6g
- - Saturated Fat 0.7g
- Carbohydrate (total) 12g
- Fibre 0.6g
- Sodium 124mg
175g self-raising flour
1-2 teaspoons ground ginger, according to taste
90g low fat polyunsaturated margarine
11 level tablespoons SPLENDA® Low Calorie Sweetener Granular
1/2 cup steamed apple slices, pureed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (170°C Fan).
- Sift the flour and ground ginger into a bowl. Rub in margarine until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the SPLENDA® Granular making sure that it is evenly distributed in the mixture.
- Add the apple puree, vanilla essence and egg yolk, cutting through using a knife, then bring together to form a soft dough, using your fingers or a spoon.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll the dough to 1/2cm thick and use a gingerbread man cutter to make approximately 12 men. Place on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden. Cool on the tray.
- Store in an airtight container for 1-2 days.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
You can swap your traditional gingerbread man cookie cutter for something slightly more festive such as a star or tree, but remember that this may alter the serving size and hence the nutrition information. Always consider your own individual carbohydrate requirements when choosing your portion.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from SPLENDA®.