Grilled Bananas with Macadamias and Yoghurt
- Serves 4
- 6 Ingredients
- 5 Minutes Prep
- 10 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 875kJ
- Protein 4g
- Fat (total) 10g
- - Saturated Fat 2g
- Carbohydrate (total) 27g
- - Sugar 24g
- Fibre 3g
- Sodium 34mg
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
15g reduced salt margarine e.g. canola
4 medium bananas
1/4 cup chopped macadamias
1/3 cup low fat Greek style yoghurt, to serve
- Heat a barbeque or stovetop grill to high heat.
- Mix together the brown sugar, vanilla and margarine until fully combined.
- Peel the banana skins back, but do not take them off the bananas.
- Spoon a little brown sugar mixture onto each banana, then fold the skins back around the flesh to enclose. Cover the bananas in foil.
- Place the bananas on the grill and barbeque for 10 minutes. Remove from the grill and allow to sit for 5 minutes before removing the foil.
- Carefully peel away the skin from the bananas. Place the bananas on serving plates and spoon over any melted margarine mixture left in the skins.
- Sprinkle liberally with macadamias (approximately 10g nuts per serve (~3 or 4 nuts)) and serve with a spoonful of the low fat Greek style yoghurt.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Nuts are an excellent source of healthy fats. Try substituting macadamias for your favourite type of nut.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from Nuts For Life. More recipes can be found at www.nutsforlife.com.au