Honey Mustard Chicken
- Serves 2
- 5 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 20 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 2315kJ
- Fat (total) 8g
- - Saturated Fat 2g
- Carbohydrate (total) 58g
- Fibre 7g
- Sodium 305mg
5-6 baby chat potatoes
2 chicken breasts (400-500g in total)
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon grainy mustard
1-2 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
Broccolini or green beans
- Spray potatoes with a little olive oil and roast in oven whilst you prep and cook the chicken.
- Spray or brush a small ovenproof dish with a little oil. Place chicken fillets in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, mustard and garlic together. Spread over chicken. Cover the dish with baking paper or aluminium foil.
- Bake chicken at 180°C (350°F) for 5 minutes. Uncover, baste with the juices, and cook for a further 5 minutes or so until tender.
- Serve with steamed or microwaved broccolini or green beans and baked baby potatoes.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
This recipe requires very little time and effort for how good it tastes. The perfect meal to practice healthier portions: 1/4 plate lean meat (chicken) + 1/4 plate high fibre carbohydrates (chat potatoes) + 1/2 plate non-starchy vegetables (green beans and or broccolini).
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from www.foodwatch.com.au