Macadamia and Lime Biscotti
- Makes 30
- 6 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 15 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 360kJ
- Protein 2g
- Fat (total) 4g
- - Saturated Fat 1g
- Carbohydrate (total) 10g
- - Sugar 5g
- Fibre 1g
- Sodium 60mg
1 1/2 cups plain self-raising flour
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
3/4 cup castor sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
Juice and rind of 2 limes
1 cup roasted raw macadamia nuts, whole
- Sift flours and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, lime juice, lime rind and nuts.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir to form a dough.
- Turn dough onto floured surface, divide in 2 and shape into 2 logs.
- Place logs on a greased and floured tray and bake in a hot oven, 200°C, for 15minutes.
- Allow logs to cool completely. Cut into thin slices. Spread in a single layer on a baking tray and return to a slow oven, 150°C, for 10minutes or until firm and golden. Makes 30 biscuits.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Although these are a healthier option than many commercially available biscuits, these should still be considered an occasional treat and not an everyday food.