Nectarine and yoghurt slice
- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 324kJ
- Protein 2.0g
- Fat - total 4.5g
- Fat - saturated 2.0g
- Carbohydrate 7.0g
- Fibre 1.0g
- Sodium 40mg
- 150g butter (unsalted)
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- 1 ½ cup wholemeal self raising flour
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (bicarb soda)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup plain greek yoghurt
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- 4 fresh nectarines, stones removed and sliced into quarters
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking tray 20x30cm with baking paper
- Blend butter and sugar in blender until white. Add in eggs one at a time
- Sift flour with bicarb and cinnamon
- Fold yoghurt and flour through egg mixture. Add in vanilla essence. Fold through ¾ fruit and all nuts gently.
- Spoon mix into tray and flatten until smooth. Top with remaining fruit pieces.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until skewer or knife comes out clean. Leave in tray for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Remove paper to serve.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
- You can use any stone fruit
- Remember witling fruit can be cut up into pieces and frozen to have ready for snacks like this
- One serve is equal to a 3 x 3 cm piece
Recipe from The Beautiful Yummy Food ‘FRUIT’ book, from the Feeding Growing Humans series of kids’ books by Tanya Nagy, Published by www.bitenutrition.com.au, Australia. Copyright © 2018
This recipe and more can be found in the Beautiful Yummy Food ‘FRUIT’ book available at Diabetes Shop.