Peach and Nectarine Mousse
- Serves 6
- 6 Ingredients
- 15 Minutes prep
- 1 Hour Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 401kJ
- Protein 9g
- Fat (total) <1g
- - Saturated Fat <1g
- Carbohydrate (total) 13g
- Fibre 1g
- Sodium 80mg
300g each peaches and nectarines
3/4 cup SPLENDA® low calorie sweetener granular
2 tablespoons gelatine
2 tablespoons orange juice
300g low fat plain yoghurt
3 egg whites
- Stone and dice peaches and nectarines. Blend with SPLENDA® into puree.
- Stir gelatin into orange juice.
- Place over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until dissolved, then cool. Add to fruit and puree.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold yoghurt and egg whites into puree.
- Spoon into 6 serving glasses and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
Any berry, fruit puree or fruit juice can be used for this recipe.
The mixtures must be very gently folded together or a loss of volume will occur. The best implement for this job is a wire whisk. Alternatively, use a large metal spoon.
The gelatin needs to be cooled or it will “rope” and cause gelatinous threads throughout the mousse. To cool it quickly, add a little of the puree mixture to it before adding it back to the puree.
This recipe can be made a day in advance.
Recipe kindly provided by SPLENDA® Sweeteners. Please visit www.splenda.com.au for more recipes.