Pork Medallions with Chargrilled Potato Salad
- Serves 4
- 11 Ingredients
- 10 Minutes Prep
- 40 Minutes Cook
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 1520kJ
- Protein 37.9g
- Fat (total) 9.1g
- - Saturated Fat 1.7g
- Carbohydrate (total) 28g
- - Sugar 8.9g
- Fibre 8.3g
- Sodium 283mg
3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
500g pork loin medallions, fat trimmed
olive or canola oil spray
500g baby potatoes
150g mixed salad or baby spinach leaves
1 red capsicum, seeded and sliced into strips
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
420g can no-added-salt cannelini or butter beans, drained
- Combine orange juice, vinegar and mustard together in a cup. Pour half the mixture into a non-metal dish, add pork and turn to coat with the marinade. Cover, refrigerate and marinate for as long as time permits, anywhere between 30 minutes to several hours.
- Microwave potatoes in a covered bowl with a tablespoon of water for 10-12 minutes on HIGH or until just tender. Allow to cool slightly then cut each in half.
- Spray a barbecue, char-grill or griddle with oil and heat to medium-high heat. Cook potatoes on grill for 4-5 minutes each side until lightly charred, set aside.
- Drain pork well and discard marinade. Grill pork for 5-7 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, cover and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place salad leaves, capsicum, onion, tomatoes, beans and potatoes in a large bowl. Pour over remaining orange dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide salad among serving plates, add pork and serve immediately.
Recipe and image reproduced with permission from LiveLighter © State of Western Australia 2015. For more healthy recipes and tips visit www.livelighter.com.au