- 5 minutes
- 15 minutes
Nutrition per serve
- Energy 534kJ
- Protein 5.8g
- Fat total 10g
- Fat - saturated 3.2g
- Carbohydrate 0.5g
- Fibre 2.8g
- Sodium 70.2mg
- 1/3 cup (80mL) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 12 portabella mushrooms
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 120g goat cheese
- 1 cup small basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine the oil and garlic.
- Spoon the mixture over the mushrooms on an oven tray lined with lightly greased foil.
- Roast mushrooms for 5 minutes, then top with the tomatoes and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Turn the grill onto high. Crumble over the goats’ cheese and place under the grill for 5 minutes or until the tomatoes and goats’ cheese is lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven. Scatter with the basil leaves and drizzle with oil.
Dietitian Notes / Recipe Tips
This is a very low-carbohydrate snack. You may like to include some toasted whole grain bread if you require more carbohydrates with your meals.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Australian Mushrooms: https://australianmushrooms.com.au
Disclaimer: The above recipe meets Diabetes NSW&ACT nutrient criteria. However, the opinions expressed on Australian Mushroom’s website do not necessarily reflect the views of Diabetes NSW&ACT.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as needed. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for individualised advice.